Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up: September 26-28, 2014

Friday night, we headed back to the football stadium for Rockwall's Homecoming Game vs Lakeview Centennial. Brian graduated from Lakeview Centennial and was going to wear his school colors of blue but didn't :). Mallory was excited that her friend Katie was going to be there so we loaded up and headed back to cheer the Yellowjackets on.

We had a great time and I will post more about Homecoming in a separate post because it was just so much fun. While we were walking, Mallory's friend from school, Mabry, yelled her name and when they saw each other, they both got so excited - it was so cute! So these three girls played a while together while the game was going on. I love the friendships that Mallory has.


Saturday morning, Mallory and Brian headed for their breakfast date and then went to see Cade play his flag football game. They won! When they got home, Mallory and I played games and put puzzles together. We did go through all her puzzles and make sure we had all the pieces to them. I didn't think it was going to be the big task it ended up being. Who knew she had so many puzzles??


Last week as we were headed to Caleb's game, Mallory sang her ABC's all the way through for the first time. I loved hearing her little voice singing them so I finally got her to sing it for me Saturday. This list is missing some letters :)


It's so great watching her learn and we loved putting this puzzle together and talking about each of the letters and words that they start with.


Saturday evening, we headed to see Caleb as he got ready to go the Homecoming dance. He looked so handsome and Mallory was happy to get her picture with him!


We had Cade stay with us and Brian and he both couldn't wait to make their traditional french bread pizzas and I made Sausage balls so I know Cade was happy to have some of his favorite foods.


These three had so much fun together


Sunday morning, I actually got up and made pancakes. I told Brian not to get used to it - ha, I usually just make cinnamon rolls but I decided to make pancakes and bacon for breakfast for our guest. My mom used to make big breakfasts for us when I was growing up so it made me think of all the good Sunday breakfasts she used to make.

We headed to church and I love this picture of my two favorite people heading into worship


Sunday afternoon, you guessed it, we just relaxed. We definitely take the time to relax, enjoy our family time together and get ready for the week ahead. We love it!

And that's a wrap!

No comments: