Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekend Wrap-up: August 15-17, 2014

Friday was a fun day in baby news! Our good friend, Joy, welcomed her third girl, Lydia! We are so happy for The Calhouns and I can't wait to meet her!


And in other exciting baby news, I can finally announce that I'm going to be an Aunt again!! My brother, Ryan, and sister-in-law, Kate, are expecting a baby in February! They posted the picture below on Friday and we are so thrilled for them!! I'm anxious to know if my parents will have five granddaughters or if a boy will be added to the mix!


Saturday morning, this one was up and em' early Saturday morning. I guess she didn't the memo this weekend that we wanted to sleep in. Brian went and got them Chiloso and brought it home for breakfast. Mallory was so happy to eat her "tortiyeea" aka tortilla.


We then got ready to head to Wyatt's first birthday party. I can't believe it's been a year since I went to visit Bruce and Kelle and baby Wyatt in the hospital! The party was at the neighborhood pool so Mallory loved getting to play in the kiddie pool. We had fun celebrating this little boy!


After the party, we ran around town running errands and headed home for Mallory to get a nap. Once she got up, we got ready to headed out for dinner to celebrate my grandmother's 84th birthday. We went to eat at Babe's Chicken and then headed back to my Aunt's house for dessert and presents. Eva and Mallory both helped Mamaw blow out her birthday candles. I love being with my family it was a wonderful night!


We woke up to a rainy Sunday morning and headed to church. When we got to the children's building, I saw signs talking about Promotion Sunday being next Sunday. And then I started realizing that this was Mallory's last Sunday in her Sunday School room that is on the main floor. Newborns to 2 year olds (she's stayed in the 2 year old class since she turned 3 in May so she could move when Promotion Sunday came) are on the main floor and then the 3 year old classes are downstairs. She's been on this floor since she was born so I did get a little sad once the realization set it but of course I was excited for her! 


During their class, they took a trip downstairs to see where their new room would be so they wouldn't be too surprised come next Sunday. Hopefully it will all go smooth once she knows her friends are there too!

After naps on Sunday, I worked on lunches for the week ahead. Mallory and I both love fruit as you can tell! My little "helper" came to help me but mostly just ate the fruit :)


We ended the evening by enjoying time outside. The rain brought cooler temps (as in not 100 degree temps) so it was bearable to be outside. I love seeing her so happy and running around in the backyard. Sweet memories.


And that's a wrap! I hope you have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Brettni Brumfield said...

Yay for new baby news! Looks like a great weekend!