Thursday, April 10, 2014

Anniversary Getaway

Friday afternoon, Brian and I headed to Beavers Bend, Oklahoma to celebrate our anniversary. We booked a cabin in Beaver's Bend and we were looking forward to getting away.



Our cabin was called Starlight Creek and was really nice



We agreed to just get each other cards since the trip was our present to each other but my wonderful husband surprised me with a new bible! The one I had was completely falling apart. I guess that means it has been used well. I love my new bible and I Brian is going to take it to get my name put on it.


Friday afternoon, we played pool and relaxed. I won one game and then Brian won the rest. We are not pool sharks for sure. For dinner, we headed to a local pizza place called The Grateful Head and it was delicious!


When we got back to our cabin Friday night, we continued the tradition on our anniversary of watching our wedding video. It's always so fun to watch it! I looked much younger 5 years ago!


Saturday morning, we slept in, relaxed, napped, and repeat. We rested most of the day and it was so great! Saturday night, we went to dinner and then drove around the lake. I'm so sad that I forgot to take my regular camera so all of our pictures together are from my phone and Brian holding it taking our picture.


We went to the lake right as the sun was setting and got some pretty pics


I love him!


Sunday, we woke up and headed home. We knew it was going to rain most of the day so we wanted to get out and get home. Plus, I was really ready to see Mallory. I know she had a wonderful weekend with Nana and Papa and Uncie, Auntie, Caleb and Cade.

I'm so thankful we were able to get away and spend some quality time together. It was relaxing, refreshing and wonderful for our marriage!

1 comment:

Brettni Brumfield said...

What a great trip! And that cabin looks awesome. Congrats on 5 years!!